Friday, July 1, 2011

1. Canada.

Hello! I've just received a beautiful postcard from Prince Edward Island, Canada.





Some time ago I added it to my favourites and then Emma sent it to me. Thank you, Emma! And I love the stamps. :)




This lighthouse can be seen in the Prince Edward Island National Park of Canada, the home of sand dunes, beaches, sandstone cliffs, wetlands and forests.

The island has become famous around the world as the inspiration for the setting in Lucy Maud Montgomery's "Anne of Green Gables". "Anne..." is one of my favourite books. :-)



This is the bookmark I got from my Canadian penpal Alycia. The original "Kindred Spirits" painting, by island artist Diana Savidant, was commissioned on Prince Edward Island, by George and Maureen Campbell, relatives of Montgomery.




The quotation at the back of the bookmark is "Kindred Spirits are not so scare as I used to think. It's splendid to find out that there are so many of them in the world". It was said by Anne of Green Gables. :)









Alycia also sent me these stickers. They're lovely, aren't they?








This is Moncton, Alycia's hometown. Moncton has a comfortable blend of French and English culture and is the major urban centre of southeast New Brunswick.




Hopewell Rocks in the Bay of Fundy are a natural wonder created over thousands of years by the tidal forces in the area.






I just have to travel to Canada one day.
Happy Postcrossing!
And have a nice day!

Ola :-)

4 comments:

  1. Ania z Zielonego Wzgórza ssie :<

    Hepi postkrosing SerVuotka < 3

    ReplyDelete
  2. śliczne pocztówki :)))

    Blog będzie po angielsku??????

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, bo dałam link na Postcrossing, jakby ktoś wszedł, to może zrozumie :P no i boję się, że zapomnę angielskiego przez wakacje :( trzeba ćwiczyć!

    ReplyDelete